Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MY PATIENT'S TESTIMONIAL-- ROSS WEAVER, DALLAS COWBOYS

"Since I have been going to the chiropractic care sessions, my body has experienced remarkable positive change, from small things such as waking up comfortably and sleeping much better, to larger examples such as my muscle recovery after working out.  This is very helpful for my job as a professional football player for the Dallas Cowboys.  Chiropractic care will help enhance my performance."  --Ross Weaver, 2/10/11


I first met Ross at a health screening I did for O'Dell Family Chiropractic at LA FITNESS in Southfield, MI. 

He passed by the booth and looked at our television screen playing chiropractic and sports messages, a computer monitor with examples of previous surface EMG'S, and all our pamphlets about chiropractic care.  We were offering free surface EMG's (electromyograph) and free standing spinal exams to everyone at the gym. 

After doing the screening, I talked to Ross about his condition and his high-impact sports lifestyle, and how chiropractic was ESSENTIAL to not just becoming pain-free and having full function NOW, but to having great longevity in the sport, and PREVENTING chronic illness and disability like degenerative arthritis in the future.

Later, I discussed with him how each time he played on the field (whether tackling someone or getting tackled) was the equivalent to having a minor car accident, which causes whiplash, scar tissue, and misalignments of the spinal vertebrae.  These changes then create improper biomechanical stress on the entire spine, creating disc bulges, degenerative disc changes and osteoarthritis over time.

I also discussed with Ross about how important regular chiropractic care was for enhancing flexibility, decreasing muscle spasms, increasing ranges of motion, and allowing 100% nerve impulse to be sent to every single cell, tissue, organ, and function in the body.

Since beginning regular chiropractic care, his body has gone through incredible changes in the levels of muscle spasms present on a daily basis, his ability to sleep deeply and comfortably, and his ability to weight train and run without as much soreness or tightness afterward. 

When he returns to training in Dallas in the spring/summer, Ross assures me that he will continue with regular chiropractic care.

I hope that he stays healthy all throughout his football career, and beyond.  Moreover, like Jerry Rice, I hope he may be able to greatly lengthen his career with corrective and preventative chiropractic care.

Have you had your chiropractic evaluation today?  Even if you are not a football player, your lifestyle can be causing repetitive stresses on your spine, causing vertebral subluxations (misalignments which impinge on nerves).

Chiropractic care is not only about pain.  It's about maximizing performance and optimizing health.  Would you like to function at a higher rate than you are now?

3 comments:

  1. I fractured my midback in 1999 and my low back in 2006. Needless to say I have back problems. After beginning treatment with Dr Kim nearly three years ago I felt immediate relief. I then began the long recovery process of setting and resetting my spine until my muscles and posture got used to being back in alignment. Now I enjoy the kind of health, strength and flexibility I had in my twenties while being in my mid forties. THANKS Dr K

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neck is the most complex part of the human body and is comprised of seven small vertebrae. It is the most susceptible part of the body towards injuries. Sitting in one pose for a long time may also hamper the health of the neck and lead to serious problems throughout the body. Neck pain can be really severe in cases where the causes are multiple.
    Moshen Zargar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, thanks for sharing the information. I will come to look for update. Keep up the good work.
    Dallas pain clinic

    ReplyDelete